Synergi are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer to join a leading FMCG/manufacturing company based in Northampton. You will be hands on, supporting the production team to make sure all machines are kept in running order producing high quality products and be involved in planned maintenance when required. The shift pattern will operate on Panama days and nights.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working in a proactive manner to eliminate problem areas with a sense of urgency, when problems are identified
- Performing both corrective and preventative maintenance as required to a high standard whilst adhering to quality, food safety and safety guidelines
- Supporting the production team to keep the machines running and providing help and knowledge to the production operators to ensure the machines efficiency
- Completion of risk assessments, near miss reports and continuous improvement activities
- Completion of the daily engineering shift with detailed information to enable a smooth transfer of information
- Completion of SAP work orders for breakdowns and maintenance
- Supporting the site services department during out of hours should an issue arise
- Qualified maintenance engineer. Multi-skilled preferred or prepared to work towards.
- If electrical bias, 17th edition qualified
- City and guilds or NVQ3 qualified in an engineering or maintenance discipline
- PC basic skills (MS Excel, MS Word, SAP)
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment, ideally with experience in packaging machinery and knowledge of sterilisation and filling processes
If this role sounds of interest to yourself, please apply today!