We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer to be based in the Battersea area
Shift pattern: 19:00 - 07:00 / 07:00 - 19:00
Job purpose: The engineer will provide a prompt and efficient service which fully supports our customer's needs as part of a shift team. To collaborate and cooperate with other engineers and the Help Desk, supporting compliance and efficiency on the contract. The engineer will also provide proactive, professional, and focused support with PPM and reactive maintenance. Responsible for maintaining accurate records and logbooks to meet with site audit requirements.
* Responsible for coordination with Shift Lead, to ensure PPMs for the month received and completed within the allocated time frames
* Ensure all plant checks completed and associated paperwork has been checked by Lead and supervisor to ensure any faults have been identified and jobs raised to resolve.
* Ensure that relevant information is given to shift lead for the shift handover so that the incoming shift has details of what has been allocated to them for the shift duration that day team could not complete.
* Diagnose and rectify faults in connection with all Building Services, Electrical, Mechanical and Air conditioning systems either through self-delivery or through liaison with external contractors to provide a prompt and efficient service. The position will involve electrical work, engineering work and maintenance, heating and ventilation works and servicing, mechanical installation.
* Work on a wide range of M+E Building services including but not limited to: Motors, Pumps, Air conditioning (Splits), Air Handing Plant (replacing filters and belts), Pressurization systems, Fan Coil Units (cleaning and changing filters), BMS System (Tridium). Water treatment including de-scaling, cooling towers, temperature recording and flushing regimes; lifting and moving equipment, electrical distribution systems maintenance and M&E supplies/deliveries.
* To assist Shift lead to support planned preventative maintenance and reactive repair works to building fabric, mechanical & electrical services, A/C, plumbing and water hygiene tasks.
* To lead on electrical and mechanical Installation, air conditioning works and mechanical works such as changing valves, actuators, condensate pumps
* To actively identify and deal with Electrical, mechanical and handyman tasks that requires attention around the site.
* To respond and rectify site emergencies mainly in shift work hours and occasionally outside of core hours.
* Carry out routine maintenance, repairs to site mechanical equipment such as pumps & valves etc. Completion of documentation and maintenance records as directed
* Ensure that suitable spares and materials are always available to carry out both planned and unplanned maintenance. Maintaining tidy storerooms. Stock management and a good understanding of where parts are stored on sites
* To be able to diagnose faults on heating and ventilation systems. Complete emergency lighting tests and record results