Location: Peterborough, GB, PE2 9JB
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Whirlpool fleet of commercial vehicles is maintained to the required standards, maximising availability and reliability with all legal, health & safety and operator licence requirements met.
The role holder will ensure that:
- The fleet operates within set budget cost criteria.
- There is acceptable vehicle network availability and will carry out VOR progress chasing as required.
- The fleet is presentable and damage repairs carried out within a reasonable timeframe.
- Will ensure non contract vehicle repair and accident work is carried out at the best possible cost and will support the fleet operations manager in monthly fleet cost accounting.
- They provide a focal point with regard to fleet technical and operational support for the network depot teams.
- Will carry out some day-to-day fleet administration and reporting activities and also provide back up holiday and sickness cover for fleet administration as required.
- Support is given as required to the logistics fleet manager and the central fleet department with any local and national fleet related projects.
- Deliver continual fleet improvement, owning and managing related projects as necessary.
- Fleet updates and bulletins are produced and provided to the network.
- Will be prepared to provide ad hoc evening and weekend support via company mobile phone in case of any business critical fleet issues or emergencies in the depot network (except during annual leave or sickness).
- Fleet compliance auditing to required frequency and improvement monitoring.
- Fleet refresher, new starter and supervisor fleet training either at the Whirlpool Training Academy or remote online.
- Produce fleet training material as needed.
- Carry out supplier cost vetting and repair estimate approval providing the necessary information to fleet administration to process the purchase orders and invoice management.
- Checking supplier adherence to agreed terms.
- Dealing with day to day issues and providing depot fleet support as required.
- National and depot local fleet supplier performance - monitor and improve as required.
- Attend Internal fleet review meetings as required.
- Supplier after sales review meetings as required.
- Monitor and vet vehicle PMI sheets as necessary.
- Develop & manage fleet performance KPIs and reporting as required.
- Engineering forum attendance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on compliance and technical developments.
- Participate in the fleet management mentoring programme:
- Project Management , Fleet Finance, Fleet Management, Fleet Replacement Tender & Approvals, Fleet Related Procurement, Fleet Training, Supplier Management.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- O Licence Compliance /OCRS / MOT Pass in conjunction with TMs
- Fleet R&M Cost
- Fleet H&S
- Fleet Supplier SLA performance
- Training Scores
- Audit Scores
- Successful project completion to agreed deadlines
Vocational Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- City & Guilds, NVQ or equivalent in LGV motor vehicle technology to technicians level certificate
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in the repair & maintenance of modern commercial vehicles at fully qualified level, either in fleet or retail sectors
- Some current or previous national or regional commercial fleet engineering experience required with sound knowledge in vehicle specification, key operating costs, operational legislation, fleet management best practices and relative financial understanding.
- Experience in fleet supplier and contract management is also a key requirement for the role
- Certificate of Professional Competence and LGV driving licence an advantage
- Membership or eligibility for membership of a recognised professional body IMI, IRTE / SOE
- Previous driver fleet training an advantage
- Good communication skills, works well as part of a team as well as under own initiative
- Career motivated & enthusiastic
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the role, accurate and methodical approach