Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Observability Platform Engineer - Elasticsearch
The Chief Technology Office Enterprise Observability Team is responsible for delivering innovative, scalable, stable, and secure products that provide deep business insight, operational insight, and predictive analysis. As a member of the team, you will be a key contributor to the development of products that provide full stack observability including application monitoring, logging, alerting, and visualization. The Software Engineer will design, develop, and implement near Real Time data streams, ingesting and enriching business and operational data from various sources across the organization as part of a new enterprise observability platform.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience with the Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana stack.
- Installation and configuration of Clusters
- Indexing Data
- Queries, Aggregations, Mappings
- Cluster Administration and Automation
- Act as the subject matter expert for ELK implementation across the shared service platform.
- Ability to integrate with other operational data platforms and tools including Kafka, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with other observability products such as AppDynamics, ITRS Geneos, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront, etc.
- Proven track-record of partnering with internal customers, architects, engineers and other technical partners to gather requirements, understand existing systems and develop value-added products/services.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3 + years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
- 2+ years of automation experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 1+ year of Puppet experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers
- 3+ years of Java or Python experience
- Experience with data streaming technologies and use cases
- Experience with RESTful API calls
- 2+ years working with configuration and monitoring experience with Grafana
- Advanced experience with Kibana to include developing and manipulating Kibana for visualizations and analysis
- Understanding of software design as it relates to Elasticsearch deployments or distributed computing/system architecture
- Experience designing Real Time and batch log analytics and search solutions using ELK stack.
- Design and implement multi-tenancy in Elasticsearch for data isolation and visualization in Kibana by different tenants of the shared service
- Experience designing, implementing, deploying and managing large Elasticsearch clusters and ELK solutions
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to plan, model and implement solutions utilizing Kafka and ELK technologies
- Ability to work on call as assigned
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Benefits Summary
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.