Your role will be the Management and development of the Operations Team, safe and compliant operation of the site. Input into the mid to long term strategy of the site
The Operations Manager is responsible for; the health and safety of all staff, contractors, and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst operating the site, delivering expectations in terms of service, and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget.
The Operations Manager fulfils a senior role within the site management team, and is responsible for all aspects of the safe, compliant, and efficient Operation of the Energy from Waste facility.
- Mechanical, Electrical or related relevant engineering degree, and Membership of an appropriate Engineering institution.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Electricity Supply Industry Standard Safe Systems of work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience in an operations and engineering function, related to steam powered electricity generation or similar.
- Experience of working in a technically challenging and value driven culture.
Experience of mass burn Energy from Waste.
Experience in the identification and delivery of change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements.