Operations & Warehousing Associate - Nights
- 870 Anderson Blvd, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company's products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at .
**Starting wage for this position is $19.54/ hour + $2.00/ hour shift differential.**
**Ideal candidates will have the ability and flexibility to work 2nd shift (2 pm-10 pm), 3rd shift (2 pm-10 pm), and/or rotating 12-hour night shifts (6 pm-6 am).**
The Operations & Warehousing Associate's primary duty is to ensure the timely and accurate receiving, shipping or delivery of Avery Dennison's products. In this position, you will be a key player in supporting the supply chain serving internal and external customers.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate material handling equipment to move, load and ship material and finished product to support a manufacturing environment
- Partner with internal and external customers to ensure accurate movement of materials and finished product to meet customer expectations and on-time delivery.
- Ship and receive materials and equipment to support production and verify receipts in related computer systems (e.g., AS400, Oracle, TMS, LPSC, etc.) and shipping documents.
- Support inventory accuracy by completing warehouse and departmental cycle counts and correct discrepancies in order to achieve business goals
- Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Understand and implement the quality standard procedures
- Participate in group problem-solving teams and continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations
- Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant manufacturing work experience.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Must regard safety as a core value; must serve as a role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Must have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate/educate the team in a timely manner.
- Must be able to actively contribute in a team based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn and share knowledge; must take initiative to cross-train and sustain acquired skills.
- Must have demonstrated a record of flexibility and dependability in order to support production and customer focus.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computer applications, especially strong Oracle transactional skills.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Operator's license.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact or to discuss reasonable accommodations.