Amazon Grocery Shopper
You're on your way to joining the dedicated Amazon team that makes grocery shopping a lot easier for our customers. You'll work inside a Whole Foods Market, preparing customer grocery orders for delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
- Shop the store for customers using a mobile phone
- Prepare grocery orders for delivery
- Check for order quality
- Use technology like computers, smartphones, manage apps, and scan bar codes
- Communicate with customers about their orders through the app
You'll also need to be able to: How To Get Started
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand and walk during shifts lasting up to five hours
- Push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts with or without reasonable accommodation
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Handle a variety of products, including meat and alcohol.
What it's like inside a Whole Foods Market
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide safe working conditions.
- Surroundings. You'll be working throughout the grocery store alongside customers.
- Activity. You'll be busy your entire shift as a Full time shopper.
- Social interaction. Be ready to engage with Whole Foods customers - they may need help finding the cereal aisle or have other questions.
- Temperature. Grocery stores can be a bit chilly, so dress appropriately.
- Noise level. Sound levels are minimal, what one would expect in a grocery store.
- Dress code. Casual with a few rules to follow for safety and appearance. Comfortable shoes are required.
Why You'll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. You set your own schedule during business hours: 6AM - 10PM. You set your own schedule during business hours: 4AM - 10PM.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you! With Anytime Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Training. You'll start with a set schedule for some training to get you up to speed, then you can start choosing the shifts you'd like to work via the A to Z app on your smartphone.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay .
- New skills. You'll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology for customer order fulfillment.
Why You'll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits - including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement - all in a safe and inclusive environment that's been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly
- Employee discounts
- 401(k) savings plan
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.
You can begin by applying below. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/.