Principal Structural Engineer - Associate Designate
55,000 - 60,000 + 10% bonus + package
This award winning, design led Structural Consultancy with 4 offices across the UK have an outstanding opportunity for a Chartered Structural Engineer to join their successful, growing and well established Civil and Structural Design Consultancy based in stunning offices in Central Manchester.
You will join a busy, vibrant team in working on a variety of structural engineering projects including retail, housing, leisure and commercial builds, within a friendly team. You will be heading up a team of 4 near chartered structural engineers, working alongside the Director with scope for progression to Associate and beyond.
You will have responsibility for technical delivery of the projects (From 20m to 80m in construction value) liaison with clients and architects and the development of the office. You will have a good understanding of the use of BIM and the development of sustainability within the construction process.
They are offering a competitive starting salary including Pension and a clear career progression.
You will be chartered IStructE / ICE and will be responsible for the preparation, issue and management of technical project information, including calculations and drawing information, in accordance with the standard requirements of the Company.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of projects for clients, or the ability to demonstrate significant contribution towards project delivery
- Ability to deliver design solutions, lead teams and successfully manage projects
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of construction contracts and high commercial awareness
- Take responsibility for leading structural engineering projects.
- Engage with clients to define requirements, present proposals, discuss project progress and undertake presentation of project results.
- Contribute to business development.
- Effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of projects or parts thereof for which you are responsible.
- Undertake, or lead a team of engineers and technicians in undertaking, technically challenging projects without supervision within prescribed programme and cost constraints.
- Co-ordinate project delivery with internal and external clients.
- Undertake structural engineering projects, by performing analyses and calculations as appropriate, along with preparing design reports for client submission without supervision.
- Supervise work undertaken by others, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget.
If this sounds like you, you want a challenging role, within a fun working environment, working on stunning projects with a great remuneration package then apply now for an immediate call back.