Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnsons Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Director, Endomechanical R&D located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies - including sutures, harmonic & electrosurgical instruments, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars, and synthetic mesh devices - that are used in a wide variety of surgical procedures. We combine products and services of two outstanding Legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the landscape of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery was established 30 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Our Endomechanical Project Director is responsible for leading one or multiple focused cross-functional teams to execute new product development or product acquisition within the Endomechanical franchise. The scope of the team's responsibility encompasses market & business analysis, product design or acquisition, manufacturing process design, manufacturing pilot & product market launch. Our Project Director will be responsible for meeting project requirements that include: time to market, cost of goods, development costs, quality standard & market size forecast.
- Lead cross-functional project teams through design control from product conception to commercialization and execution of project objectives according to a written, approved design plan.
- Ensure user needs are translated into effective product specifications to deliver a product that meets the needs of our customers.
- Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with regulatory requirements (GMP, ISO, MDD) & EES policy & procedure requirements.
- Transfer product & manufacturing processes from development team to operations & marketing organizations at completion of project.
- Capture & disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve EES product development processes & systems.
- Provide constructive feedback & coaching to team members & support team members to assist in skills and career development.
- Participate as a senior manager to improve environment & business systems of EES.
- Ensure that domestic & global market strategy, assumptions, business opportunities are measured & periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution & initial product launch.
- Obtain resources from functional organizations, support groups & outside sources to ensure project success.
- Foster teamwork, diversity, and inclusion within team, between teams & other groups.
- Provide individual performance appraisals & compensation adjustment recommendations to management.
- Minimum Bachelors degree required; MBA/advanced degree or focused degree in Engineering, Scientific, Marketing, General Business preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience required
- Requires Product Development experience with a proven track record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market
- Strong problem-solving and execution skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives
- Medical or Industrial Marketing & Manufacturing experience preferred
- Project Management certification (eg, FPX or PMP) preferred
- Ability to balance schedule, cost & quality
- Detailed knowledge of new product development process required
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver project outcomes in an ambiguous environment
- Requires experience managing self-directed work teams
- Position primarily located in Cincinnati, OH; other US locations may be considered at manager discretion
- Requires up to 25% domestic & international travel
Are you interested in exploring the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies? Apply today!