Who We Are:
Stevens Manufacturing has served the aerospace and commercial industries since 1956. Located in a 34,000 square-foot facility in Milford, Connecticut, the company serves customers in all states and worldwide. As of February 2021, Stevens is a part of Essex Industries, which is family-owned company that has facilities in St. Louis, MO and Huntington Beach, CA.
Summary of Job:
Responsible for conducting ongoing analysis of the production process inputs and outputs to ensure that customer (internal and external) quality requirements are being achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Works with engineers and organizational teams to produce products on schedule that meet quality requirements.
· Ensures product quality by directing and checking the work of team members through product testing.
· Perform FAI's. (Create package and present to Verify/SQAR).
· Maintains the quality and consistency of the organization's products.
· Reviews quality standards, tolerances, and engineering changes.
· Evaluates engineering changes for rework of parts and subassemblies.
· Analyzes engineering specifications and manufacturing processes.
· Develops test plans and automated testing tools.
· Investigates and analyzes quality problems, recommends solutions and ensures corrections are made (RCCA, Fish bone, 8A)
· Ensures quality standards of products and materials through testing and measurements.
· Reviews and analyzes vendors scope of services.
· Collaborates with team to prioritize inspection efforts.
· Maintains vendors database; monitors on time delivery and quality.
· Supervise and train quality team members as assigned.
· Assist in calibration as necessary.
· Execute and assist with internal and external audits.
· Maintain documents and processes for supplier control.
Required Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication - share information and ideas openly
- Unity - join together for a common purpose
- Learning - gain knowledge and leadership through success and failure
- Trust - earn the faith of others through honesty
- Understanding - show compassion and caring to all
- Respect - honor the dignity of others
- Excitement - demonstrate passion for everything we do
- Integrity -maintain uncompromising moral character through truth, fairness, and accountability
· Bachelor's degree in engineering required
· 5 years or more experience in quality assurance
· MS Office proficiency
· ERP experience preferred
As assigned: CMM Technician, Inspector, and/or Gage Inspector
Works well with othersLanguage Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality procedure manuals, drawing, test procedures, work instructions and ISO/AS/MDR regulations. Ability to write technical reports and correspondences for internal communication as well as external to suppliers and customers. Math Ability:
Ability to know measurements.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.Work Environment:
Shop; Noise level is usually medium.Working Conditions:
Good working conditions. Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.Physical Demands:
Little Physical Demand: Continuously lifting or moving material of negligible weight; Frequently lifting or moving very light weight material; Frequently lifting or moving material of negligible weight in difficult work positions; Occasionally lifting or moving light weight material; Occasionally lifting or moving very light weight material in difficult work positions; Rarely lifting or moving average weight material; Rarely lifting or moving light weight material in difficult work positions