Salary dependant on experience
An established, specialist subcontract manufacturer to various industry sectors, being a Tier 1 accredited manufacturer of high-end precision machined parts and components to OEMs in Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear and Energy to name a few.
Offering state-of-the-art CNC Machining services on CNC Mills, CNC Lathes and with a fully equipment Quality Department including brand new CNC CMM equipment, this company offers unparalleled Precision Engineering solutions across both CNC Milling and CNC Turning with second-to-none Quality standards.
With a growing order book, currently full until February 2024 and with constant re-investment in brand new CNC Machine Tools and staff development, there are now positions open for skilled and experienced CNC Machinists to join this highly regarded business, being an "Employer of Choice" in the local area and across the Precision Engineering sector.
As the successful Quality Inspector, you will be working in a dynamic inspection office focused on improving processes and reducing scrap in a team of 3 in the Quality department.
As the right candidate, you will have experience reading drawings, using measuring equipment such as Verniers, Micrometres, Height gauges, Shadowgraphs, and Gauges.
- Producing First Article Inspection Reports.
- Recording Non-conformances on the ERP System.
- Working through the workload at a timely manner to help achieve monthly targets.
- Working with CMM machines (training can be provided if needed).
- Manual measuring of precision machined parts & components using Verniers, Micrometres, Height gauges, Shadowgraphs, and Gauges.
Skills & Attributes:
- Experience working to a certified quality management system.
- CMM experience would be desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
- Hands on approach
- Wants to progress career, learn, and develop.
- Can work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
Hours of Work:
- 37hrs per week
- 7:30 am to 4 pm, Mon to Thurs.
- 7:30am to 12:30pm, Fri.
- 4-day working week option available, Monday to Thursday.
- Lunch break - 12.30 pm to 1.00 pm Monday to Thursday.
- Overtime available paid at x1.5hrs.
- Annual Holiday entitlement is 28 days + 8 statutory days (36days total).
- Pension - company and employee contribute 5%.
- Health Car.
- Discount scheme for shopping & activities.
- Free onsite parking with lots of free spaces.
- PPE and overalls provided by the company.
- Pay offer for this position is depending on experience.