Fortis Recruitment is currently working with an established Engineering company based in High Wycombe to recruit a Quality Manager on a full time, permanent basis.
The Quality Manager will have a passion for best practice and is in charge of maintaining and improving the existing ISO Quality System for the company. The Quality manager is the one responsible for investigating and recording quality non-conformances and takes the lead in root cause analysis and corrective action. Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental compliance is met through managing all activities associated with these areas and those responsible
We are looking for a Quality Manager who can also cover the Health & Safety / Environmental aspects in terms managing this in-house and manage the audits. Ideally candidates will have experience working within an Engineering / Manufacturing environment.
- To cultivate and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Assist the leadership team to plan, develop, and direct QHSE policies, programs, and initiatives to monitor the QHSE performance of the company.
- Lead and coordinate company investigations regarding quality, health, or safety incidents.
- Monitor and advise on all QHSE matters, issues and concerns to ensure Company compliance with statutory requirements, Company and contractual requirements and good industry practice.
- Liaise with Customers and Supply Chain, regarding QHSE matters, ensuring their expectations are met.
- Responsible for Company s QHSE processes and procedures to ensure the Company maintains its accreditations (ISO(Apply online only), ISO(phone number removed).
- Responsible for management of and liaison with QHSE auditors to acquire/maintain Company s accreditation.
- Conduct audits (BSI, customer & internal) to evaluate the effectiveness of systems and procedures, identifying and assisting implementing improvements.
- Report on Company s QHSE performance to the leadership team and statutory authorities as/when required.
- Conduct QHSE training courses using internal and external resources when required, maintain awareness of new regulations.
- Develop and maintain internal processes related to H&S to ensure the safety of all employees.
- Develop and implement an effective system for communication, containment, root-cause corrective action, and continuous improvement to prevent recurrence of QHSE deficiencies.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for QHSE matters.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- General quality management administration.
- Understand and ensure measures designed to minimise environmental impact as a business is adhered to as per the company Environmental Policy.
- Tell your employer if you wish to report an environmental matter concerning the business.
- Implementation of the company s Environmental Management System (EMS), including writing and review of associated policies and procedures.
- Management of the audit programme of the EMS to ISO14001 standards.
- Keeping abreast of environmental legislation and Company policy to ensure defined standards and best practice are implemented.
- Proven QHSE professional with an Engineering / Manufacturing background.
- Strong leadership skills to constantly drive safety and quality improvements.
- A hands-on implementer of processes and change.
- Previous experience of managing people.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Full current driving licence.
- Ability to maintain Company integrity through confidentiality and discretion.
- Highly organised; able to work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- NEBOSH/IOSHH Qualified (Desirable).
- Internal ISO Auditor (preferable).
Hours of work are 07 30 Monday to Thursday and 07 30 on Fridays covering 40 hours per week.
If you feel you have the right background for this position, please send your CV across for immediate consideration and interview.