HOYA VISION CARE, North America Job Description
Job Title: Regional Engineer - East Coast
Location: Cleveland Lab (Berea, OH)
Reports To: Director of Production Control & Lab Support
FLSA Status: Exempt
Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiencies of operations, improve quality yields and reduce operating costs. Applies Engineering and Lean Six Sigma concepts to achieve continuous improvement in operation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead assigned engineering projects to include planning, coordination and implementation of projects. This includes working within time constraints to meet operation goals.
- Uses DOE techniques to test processes and consumables. Uses statistical tools to present results and support recommendations.
- Work continuously to reduce spoilage in the manufacturing process.
- Prepares detailed procedures for the different processes and maintenance of equipment and verify procedures are followed.
- Monitors operations in labs assigned to region.
- Studies functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication.
- Uses accurate time studies to determine labor requirements, establishes work measurement programs, and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Develops management systems for cost analysis, financial planning, wage and salary administration, and job evaluation.
- Coordinates and oversees equipment installation and lab redesign. Prepares layout, coordinates with management schedules for installation of equipment and utilities, and verifies installation is executed successfully and on time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or related field is required
- A total of three to five years of previous work experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably within an optical manufacturing environment.
- Course work or experience performing process control utilizing statistical analysis and DOE.
- Course work or experience working with PLCs, electronic controllers, or automated equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Arena Simulation software programming
Knowledge and Understanding of the Following Areas:
- Raw materials, hazardous chemicals, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring performance of self and others to make improvements or take corrective actions
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.