Salary: Circa 50,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension, health care, yearly bonus, etc
Hours: Mon to Fri (fulltime, days)
A rare opportunity has become available for a Regional SHEQ Advisor to work for a world leader in the gases, engineering and healthcare sector. Operating in more than 100 countries across the globe this company acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment. The successful candidate, based in Middlesbrough, will also cover sites in Stockton and Birtley playing a key role in ensuring the safety of employees at their workplace.
The role is fully focused on the effective and sustainable implementation of SHEQ behaviours and SHEQ management systems (i.e. policy, standards, procedures, tools and processes) and key SHEQ improvement programmes across the region. Providing timely, accurate, practical and professional SHEQ support to line management across all aspects of the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) agenda
- To include security and product stewardship where appropriate. This will be key in assisting the achievement of the Global policy not to harm people or the environment
- The objective is to supply products and services to meet our commitments to customers, minimise environmental waste, prevent incidents and ill-health wherever possible, otherwise to minimise their impact, learn and share any lessons
- Provide independent support for the COMAH sites in the region, assisting with the achievement of line ownership of the SHEQ agenda and the local implementation of effective process safety competence
- Provide visible leadership of the SHEQ agenda
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of managing or operating under an effective and comprehensive SHEQ management system in an industrial setting
- Experience of providing detailed interpretation and guidance of key legislative regulations (e.g. Control of Major Accident Hazards)
- Hold, or willing to obtain, NEBOSH Diploma and Level 2 assessor competence
- Have a good grounding in quality management principles
- You must have a high level of personal Integrity, be able to understand issues from first principles and take an independent view in providing advice
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a Major Accident Hazard Industry and Transport operations,
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma e.g. Environmental Management,
- Green belt six sigma,
- Chartered Quality Institute unit "Quality Management - level 3"
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a World leader in its field and will offer job security as well as further development opportunities for the right person. If you would like to be considered, please send your CV and cover letter to Mike at Totec today or give us a call to discuss any queries you may have.
All applicants must be eligible to live & work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility is required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, residency permit, passport etc.)
All calls/enquiries are handled with strict confidence.
Safety / Manager / Health / Environment / Quality / NEBOSH / IOSH / Industrial gases / compliance / COMAH