At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is actively seeking a Reliability & Maintainability Engineer in the St. Louis area. As a member of the Specialty Engineering team, you will be asked to support the design and analysis of state-of-the-art fixed wing tactical aircraft.
At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this team, you will be part of an outstanding group of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind program. Position Responsibilities:
Typical tasks of a Reliability, Maintainability & System Health Engineer include:
Onsite - not hybrid or virtual - This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Allocate and predict failure rates (Mean Time Between Failure) for components and systems and measure against program requirements.
- Develop Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD) to represent the relationship between components of a system and overall system reliability.
- Performs Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) to identify and mitigate risk of system failure and support proposed changes in design.
- Assess Fault Detection and Fault Isolation metrics for Availability impacts and concerns.
- Actively participate on design teams and provide guidance and recommendations to designers and management to ensure reliability objectives are met.
- Interface with the customer and management at major design reviews to provide reliability findings and recommendations.
- Supervise testing and demonstrations at supplier, plant, or field locations to evaluate reliability factors, such as numbers and causes of unit failures or maintainability risks.
- Monitor failure data generated by product users to assess reliability performance in the field and develop strategies for product improvement.
An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with Failure Mode & Effects Analyses or Experience with Mean Time To Repair Estimates
Typical Education & Experience:
- Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience with Model-Based Engineering
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift Work Statement: This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 101,786 - 124,406
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Relocation:
Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorizedExport Control Requirements:
U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.