Road Freight Clerk
RSW is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients based in the Cwmbran area. This is an exciting role with a growing organisation. As a Road freight Clerk you will be a key member of a small diverse team.
* Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
* Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
* Track and Trace TRANSCON Files and reporting
* Use export TRANSCON Workflow on daily basis
* Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
* Ensure delivery of freight and timely clearance when applicable
* Interact with our customers in arranging their TRANSCON shipments, meeting customer service standards.
* Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers
* Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
* Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
* Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in the DLSOPs
* Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company's procedures
* Network communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
* Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
* Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
* Salary to be discussed on application
* Competitive quarterly bonus
* Company pension
* 21 days holiday + 8 public holidays
* 8am to 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
* 9am to 5:30pm (Monday to Friday)
* Strong understanding of logistics processes in particular pallet network
* Experience of working in a fast paced environment
* Competent in Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook)
* Excellent communication & analytical skills
* Good geographical knowledge of UK
* Understanding of exports and imports
If you are interested in this role, please call Peter Brookes on (Apply online only) or apply online and one of our experience team will contact you