Sales Engineer - Estimator / Quoter
Salary dependant on experience
An established, specialist subcontract manufacturer to various industry sectors, being a Tier 1 accredited manufacturer of high-end precision machined parts and components to OEMs in Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear and Energy to name a few.
Offering state-of-the-art CNC Machining services on CNC Mills, CNC Lathes and with a fully equipment Quality Department including brand new CNC CMM equipment, this company offers unparalleled Precision Engineering solutions across both CNC Milling and CNC Turning with second-to-non-Quality standards.
With a growing order book, currently full until February 2024 and with constant re-investment in brand new CNC Machine Tools and staff development, there are now positions open for skilled and experienced CNC Machinists to join this highly regarded business, being an "Employer of Choice" in the local area and across the Precision Engineering sector.
As a Precision Engineering Estimator, you will play a pivotal role in helping assess the cost and feasibility of engineering projects. You will work closely with the engineering and sales teams to provide accurate estimates for materials, labour, and production time. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring that our projects are competitively priced, meet client specifications, and are executed with precision and efficiency.
- Review engineering drawings, specifications, and project requirements to develop accurate cost estimates.
- Collaborate with the engineering and production teams to identify the most efficient manufacturing processes and materials.
- Analyse historical data and market trends to ensure competitive and realistic pricing.
- Prepare and present detailed estimates to clients, addressing any questions or concerns they may have.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and pricing trends.
- Monitor project costs throughout the production process and provide ongoing cost analysis.
- Assist in the development of project timelines and scheduling.
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience as an estimator in precision engineering or a similar industry.
- Strong understanding of engineering processes, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
- Proficiency in using estimating software and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Hands on approach
- Wants to progress career, learn, and develop.
- Can work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
Hours of Work:
- 37hrs per week
- 7:30 am to 4 pm, Mon to Thurs.
- 7:30am to 12:30pm, Fri.
- 4-day working week option available, Monday to Thursday.
- Lunch break - 12.30 pm to 1.00 pm Monday to Thursday.
- Annual Holiday entitlement is 28 days + 8 statutory days (36days total).
- Pension - company and employee contribute 5%.
- Health Car.
- Discount scheme for shopping & activities.
- Free onsite parking with lots of free spaces.
- PPE and overalls provided by the company.
- Pay offer for this position is depending on experience.