My client, an innovative company which specialises in high integrity, bespoke battery systems for the aerospace and defence markets, requires a talented senior battery design engineer to join its team.
The senior battery design engineer will lead the design and implementation of my client's electric motor/battery range on key customer projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Detailed design of 3D CAD models and drawings using best practice geometric tolerances, key characteristics and drawing standards
- Providing detailed input to the team to ensure the overall design meets requirements for functionality and manufacture.
- Working with the CAE team to analyse and optimise designs for stress, thermals, fluid flows etc.
- Working with the Systems team to generate battery/powertrain configurations within a wide variety of aircraft.
- Supporting the development of manufacturing processes and novel designs for new technology applications and materials
- Supporting DFMEAs and complete actions required to mitigate risks.
- Liaising with key suppliers and customers on design and development issues, resolving to the optimal solution and understanding the compromises.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering with proven experience in a design and development environment.
- Strong mechanical engineering background, and the ability to apply this knowledge to real-world situations.
- Experience in the use of CAD software with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings working with best practice geometric tolerances and key characteristics.
- Experience with drawing control systems such as Siemens Teamcenter
- Familiarity with FMEAs and robust engineering practices
- Good understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and various manufacturing processes such as rapid prototyping, machining etc.
- Understand design for assembly and constraints for high volume manufacture.
- Creative problem-solving abilities with an analytical approach to implementation
- A flexible approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- UK driving licence and availability to travel occasionally.