Newcastle Upon Tyne
£40,000 - £50,000 Base Salary DOE
Jackson Hogg is supporting a long-existing client on the appointment of a Senior Buyer to join the closely-knit purchasing team.
Being a busy and continuously evolving time, the Senior Buyer will be responsible managing the purchasing activities, both operational and strategic, across a diverse portfolio of categories including raw materials, CAPEX equipment and services ensuring that both quality and cost objectives are met. Working cross-functionally as well as liasing directly with external global suppliers and internationally recognised customers, strong communication will be key.
With plenty of opportunity to learn and develop, this would suit an ambitious Senior Buyer with the desire to quickly elevate into a Team Lead / Managerial role.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Strong experience working across both transactional and strategic purchasing activities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the wider supply chain, operations, production and sales teams
- Experience building relationships with global suppliers and sub-contract manufacturers
- Proven success working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, preferably within automotive, yellow goods, aerospace or heavy engineering
- Strong MRP skills - ideally within SAP
- Ability to work effectively with Excel
- A proactive can-do attitude with a continuous improvement mindset
- Current or previous experience mentoring or managing junior team members and leading by example
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with Gemma Yeadon - Principle Consultant at Jackson Hogg.