Overview: Engineered Vision is a small custom machine builder focused on newer technologies including robots, machine vision, and motion control. Engineered Vision opened its doors to deliver affordable automation fast with a typical project size ranging from $100k-$500k. Engineered Vision is one of the fastest growing custom machine design and engineering firms in Columbus, Ohio. We integrate our machines across industry boundaries. Our ability to pair the latest technologies to solve real industry needs with a favorable ROI has positioned us very well in the custom machine design space.
We consider our shop an engineer's playground with Robots, Machine Vision, CNC machining, and 3D printing. We are looking forward to working with you!
Position Summary: Do You?
- Enjoy working on new projects every month
- Flourish in a high autonomy environment
- Want to work hard and advance in your career
- Enjoy being hands on and not just at a desk
- Enjoy working with new automation technologies
Engineered Vision is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our fast-paced automation engineering firm. We are looking for a dynamic individual that wants to design, prototype, and build automation projects. We are dedicated to improving how custom machine projects are implemented through transparency, quality, and speed. In addition to the standard EE workload, you will wear many hats including programmer, electrical designer, etc.
Salary, Benefits, and Advancement Opportunities: Engineered Vision offers a competitive starting salary for the Senior Controls Engineer of $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year based on prior experience. In addition, you will have unlimited paid time off and we will cover 75% of your healthcare premium.
Essential Job Functions:
- Programming controls for mechanical factory automation equipment (robots, machine vision, servos, etc.)
- Programming PLC's (AB, Mitsubishi, Omron, Automation Direct, Etc.), HMI's, and Motion Controllers
- Troubleshoot automated processes or equipment when errors occur.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components.
- Perform the work listed in the standard operating procedures as well as work assigned by upper management.
- Deploying systems at customer facilities and performing service work. Travel up to 15% (mostly within 150mi of Columbus, Ohio)
Qualifications for Success:
- US Citizenship Required (we work on Government Projects - Green Card will not be acceptable)
- Live in or willingness to live in the Columbus, Ohio area
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 2 years of work experience with a custom machine builder PLC and HMI Programming Responsibilities
- Experience in designing, building, and testing analog and digital circuits
- 4 years of work experience with a custom machine builder - preferred
- SOLIDWORKS/Electrical CAD Knowledge - preferred but willing to train
- Electrical Design: Machine Power/Controls Design, Drafting, Communication Architecture - preferred
- Customer run-off and issue troubleshooting experience a plus
To apply via email (see below)