Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our enterprise chromatography data system enables chemists in most laboratories around the world in any industry to perform high throughput analysis of chemical samples. From quality control in pharmaceutical laboratories to chemical analyses to doping controls at major international sports events, our software plays a meaningful role!
Join our software development department is responsible for new product development and maintenance to support customer requirements, as well as to control hundreds of highly sophisticated chromatography instruments and components!
At our software-focused site HighChem, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific in Bratislava we are looking for a
Senior DevOps Engineer/ Kubernetes Engineer
What projects will you work on?
- Work in an agile development team focusing on building our next generation scientific platform
- provide our global customers with tooling to deploy and manage our solutions whether on bare metal on premises, private clouds, or our public cloud SaaS offering
- Design and build automation tooling to provision and maintain Kubernetes environments in private cloud and on premises for maximum reliability, performance, and extensibility
- Strengthen our product offerings related to application delivery and overall SDLC with hands on coding including unit and integration tests for infrastructure and deployments
- Stay up to date with new DevSecOps technologies and processes, and determine how to translate these into future capabilities for our teams and product managers
- Participate in technical and code reviews, architectural decisions, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure up-time for live systems
Who do we look for?
- Ideally 7+ years combined experience in DevSecOps and Software Engineering related roles
- Hands-on experience automating the provisioning of Kubernetes clusters and related infrastructure for development teams and production systems: multi-cloud and on premises K8s experience preferred
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes concepts including cluster architecture, scheduling, networking, and storage
- Solid background in Linux, Docker, and automation scripting in one or more of the following languages/tools: Bash, Terraform, Python (AWS CDK, boto)
- Experience authoring Helm charts and supporting microservices team deployments
- Understanding of GitOps Continuous Deployment practices and declarative infrastructure
- Track record of developing unit and integrate tests for IaC and custom software to verify infrastructure and service configuration and performance
- Background configuring monitoring and alerting with Prometheus/Grafana or similar SaaS tool such as Google Cloud Monitoring, Datadog, AWS CloudWatch
- Strong practical administration skills in public cloud environments - AWS and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Experience developing declarative build and release pipelines with Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, or similar
- Design, test, integrate and coordinate deployment of automated provisioning, modification, and de-provisioning of declarative infrastructure and configuration in resilient and highly available environments
- Knowledge of web application Security rules and ability to act as a liaison between Security and software development teams
We will be excited, if you also have:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Terraform Associate Certification
- React development experience with Electron
- Google Anthos, Cloud Monitoring and Logging, Google Alerts, Stackdriver
- Experience with Argo CD, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Nginx Ingress, KVM, JFrog Artifactory, Jena Fuseki, PostgreSQL, K8s CSIs, Grafana/Prometheus, Grafana Loki, ELK
- Experience with Big Data Technologies, such as Apache Spark
How do we motivate you:
- Employment with an innovative organization with exciting and fulfilling work
- Gross monthly salary from 2.500 Eur/month
- sign-on bonus in the height of one monthly salary paid after probation time
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working schedule and 3 sick days per year
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company stocks program
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
- The opportunity to work with a truly global organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.