Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Job description: Snr Manager Project Integration (Eastern)
Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2bn investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy. We are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport modes, cutting edge technologies and getting smarter at how we do it. We are changing to deliver more connected journeys, greater satisfaction and safer transport for our customers, both now and for the future.
The Greater Sydney Division integrates transport modes including trains, metro, buses, walking and cycling; critical infrastructure and services to support Sydney's growing metropolitan population, projected to swell to over 12 million within the next 40 years.
We are seeking a highly experienced person for the Senior Manager Project Integration role to lead and provide specific technical advice and guidance on the coordination of major project integration activities in the Eastern Harbour City.
Reporting to the Director Network Management Eastern, the Senior Manager Project Integration will lead a team to ensure coordinated place outcomes and integrated planning across the delivery of projects to achieve community focused outcomes for Greater Sydney.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work across many projects, in a precinct-place context and obtain multi-modal successful outcomes with exposure to all aspects of the Greater Sydney Planning and Programs business and interface with the likes of Sydney Metro, light rail, motorways, public transport and active transport.
This represents a real opportunity to influence, drive outcomes and seek accountability for Transport's projects across multiple modes. This role will see you work cohesively across the cluster and externally to deliver exciting outcomes which have a positive impact for our customers and communities across Greater Sydney.
What you will be involved in
* Leading the integration and development of places through interfaces to major project proposals to ensure positive outcomes for Transport customers
* Managing delivery partners through each project phase to agreed deliverables and standards
* Working with Planning and Program's delivery partners to ensure that they deliver effective and connected Transport customer benefits, on time and within allocated budgets
* Co-ordinate discussions across TfNSW to identify improvement opportunities and multi-modal and place connections with new and existing programs and projects
* Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and policy requirements
* Leading and overseeing definition of delivery scope and specification documents to support planning approvals, cost planning, delivery tender inputs and construction interface processes
* Managing and mentoring a team to succeed and provide focus and guidance
* Championing place based integrated transport that connects with other public and active transport initiatives
* Being a leader that supports the team to establish transport connections to places and precincts
* Through projects and transport programs define, deliver and create real and intrinsic value for Transport's customers
* Leading place based reviews for multi-modal opportunities through a series of lenses to ensure all aspects are considered, including pedestrians, mobility challenged, cycling access and facilities and public transport.
You are an experienced senior manager with strong collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills which mean you can comfortably engage with a wide range of internal stakeholders in the project space to help them understand and develop a clear vision of how they connect with multi-modal transport and translate to actual on the ground transport solutions.
You will have a strong knowledge of Transport design standards and have demonstrated experience with the design and delivery phase of projects, preferably client-side.
You will ideally come from a project planning and /or project management background where you've been required to manage a wide array of stakeholders in complex design and delivery environments.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the Role Description.
For any enquiries, please contact Yvonne Hughes on
Salary and Benefits
Transport Senior Service TSSM level role.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) and you will have questions to address as you apply for this role.
*Previous candidates that applied for the recently advertised Senior Manager Project Integration (Central & Western) roles and were unsuccessful need not apply for this role.
Close date: Wednesday 16 June 11:59pm