What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.Server SI/PI Engineer
AMD has an immediate opening for a Signal Integrity/Power Integrity engineer in Server Division working on platform design and customer support for EPYC line of CPU productsThe Person
Candidates will have excellent written/oral communication skills and should be comfortable working in both self-directed and team environments. Candidates must have a capacity for self-actualization and be able to work with little direct supervision. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills.Key Responsibilities
- Board/system-level power delivery network AC+DC simulation for low-voltage/high-current supplies.
- System-level signal integrity simulations of future DDR5 memory bus including silicon IO, package, and board.
- System-level signal integrity simulations of future high-speed SERDES links such as USB-4, PCIe5, xGMI3, etc. including silicon IO, package, and board.
- Electromagnetic modeling of 3-D structures including vias, connectors, sockets.
- Implementation of a HVM solution-space methodology.
- A key responsibility of this position will be to work closely with the customer support organization and to support customers with signal integrity issues.
- Transmission line theory and microwave engineering concepts such as S-parameter, etc.
- Low-voltage swing signaling technologies.
- System-level timing analysis considering effects from silicon IO, package, and board.
- State-of-the-art PCB stackup/construction.
- State-of-the-art microprocessor package stack up/construction.
- I/O driver/receiver modeling for state-of-the-art high-speed digital logic.
- In-depth knowledge of I/O buffer modeling, specifically behavioral (IBIS-like) modeling for high speed digital logic.
- AC/DC power delivery, power integrity analysis.
- Bit-Error-Rate (BER) theory and application to high-speed links.
- Expertise in analog simulation with Seasim, S2eye, Hspice, ADS, ANSYS, or other toolsets.
- Expertise in 3-D modeling with ANSYS HFSS/Q3D and 2.5-D with ANSYS SIWAVE.
- Expertise with DSO, TDR, VNA, ParBERT measurement tools/techniques.
- UNIX/Windows operating systems
- C/C++/Perl/Python programming
- BS-EE or MS-EE with demonstrated years of experience
AMD is a government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by December 8, 2021 . AMD will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement if you have a need for a religious and/or medical accommodation.Requisition Number:
United States State:
Santa ClaraJob Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.