Our client is part of the world s largest ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, and Insurance) provider, with a fleet of over 150 aircraft. The group also provides a range of aviation services including, MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul), pilot and crew training, ground handling, as well as a variety of associated services.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR AVIATION
Reporting to the Check Manager the Shift Supervisor will lead the shift, carry certification on the zones/Area of the aircraft assigned to the shift. The shift supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that the shift resources are allocated efficiently.
• The on-time delivery of customer aircraft to the required standard to the satisfaction of the customer
• Management of the customer work pack and all associated paperwork in line with regulatory requirements and company procedures and if required, the issuing of the final CRS post maintenance • Controlling, supervising, and allocating work tasks upon the shift
• To stand in for the Aircraft Check manager when required
• Ensure correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities.
• Supporting the Check Manager in the management, development and training of direct reporting staff using performance appraisals and competency assessments
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
• Perform maintenance tasks and certify using privileges of part 66 licence.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of requirements and any associated changes in relation to company health and safety policies and procedures as they apply to aircraft maintenance operations, with specific focus on working at height and the use of plant & machinery
• Maintain the highest airworthiness, quality, safety and performance standards and ensure all company and legal requirements appertaining to aircraft maintenance and inspection are complied with
• Ensuring personal licence and authorisation remain valid
Budget accountability: The Shift supervisor does not have any budget responsibility but must understand and manage the budget ascribed to the hangar.
Operating Environment The role is based in a hangar environment.
On a 5 on 4 off shift pattern, from 07 hour shifts.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge Qualification & Education: • A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar • EASA Part 66 Licence, B1 or B2 and C Licence holder on at least 2 aircraft types on company s approval Experience: • Full understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145 • Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role, desirable. • Proven leadership skills • Experience of managing departmental Health & Safety & Compliance
Training & Knowledge: • Technical experience in aviation and able to demonstrate knowledge of airworthiness regulation, MOE, MEL and its use, SRM understanding and the limits of technical data and the impact of that. • Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning;
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.