Our client is one of the world's leading optical companies, they are a global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems. The company provide Service to customers during all the lifecycle of the Scanner.
The Site Coordination Leader (SCL) is a varied role involving resource and technical planning, as well as coordinating with customer representatives as required. Effective teamwork between the SCL and Site/Service Management is essential to meet the customer and site requirements. The SCL will be a key point of contact within the Company to ensure support is at the level required to maintain customer satisfaction and ensure delivery of a quality service.
The SCL is responsible for resource management and scheduling for the site, working with Company Management and customer representatives to identify gaps and resource balancing needs based on planned site activity, co-ordination across Company team to meet tooling requirements for the site, and supporting the site with parts forecasting. They are also responsible for performance management and GPD across the site team.
* Interface with customer as required to ensure site team is aligned, and customer needs are met.
* Be responsible for resource management and scheduling to ensure adequate coverage at all times. Working with other team members to flag identified gaps and resource balancing needs based on planned site activity.
* Work with Company management to fill identified external resource needs for the site.
* Provide performance management support and feedback to on-site team, including aligning GPD goals to the corporate and site priorities.
* Co-ordinate across Company team to meet tooling requirements for site operations. Co-ordinate Tooling management system across site team.
* Support site team in generating and maintaining parts forecasting for consumable and planned activities.
* Maintain training tracker and skills matrices for team, including specialist tasks & skills. Work with site team and Company training to identify required training needs. Co-ordinate resource schedule to match available training opportunities.
* Support active mentoring and upskilling programme for all employees.
* Support Site Management in generation of metrics and updates for internal and customer reviews.
* Support implementation of corporate systems, processes and programmes across site team.
* Role model for safety and quality across site, supporting safety and quality initiatives and systems to deliver constant improvement.
* Maintain regular communication forum to update team on site operations, initiatives and metrics.
* Provide backfill support for the Site Management when required.
* Lead recruitment activities, including attending fairs, screening, interviewing and recommending candidates, as required.
* Minimum Qualifications - Engineering, Science or Physics (or similar) Degree.
* 10+ years' experience within a Manufacturing or Production environment in a senior level role
* Good understanding of electronics & mechanics, optics and computers (preferred).
* Project management experience.
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
* Competent to supervise Engineers, take responsibility for planning and scheduling, undertake project leadership, able to resolve customer problems and communicate necessary information company-wide.
* Performance management of team and making recommendations for further development and training. Also providing guidance and direction where required.
* Conducting reviews using GPD system - conduct main & interim personnel development meetings with those reporting to you.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm with flexibility to support out of hours from time to time, including working a shift pattern as required.
What you can expect:
* Competitive salary and benefits package including: car allowance, unsocial hours (shift) allowance, annual bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long-term service awards, concessionary Company Products.
* Comprehensive training program involving international travel.
* Opportunities for professional development