Our client is a local, Newcastle based company that has grown in leaps and bounds completely transforming Geospatial data. They are now looking for a Software Engineer to join their team, offering the complete freedom to think creatively while using sciency engineering ideas!
Enjoy a Friday drink, board games and trivia? Along with a relaxed workplace culture, flexible work hours and work-from-home arrangements, if this sounds attractive to you then wait to you hear what they do…
A data analytics company that specialises in spatial data transformation. By helping their clients better understand and interact with their data, they aim to help reduce global footprints and provide more efficient, safe solutions for a more sustainable world.
More about the role:
- A senior software engineer is needed to help develop our client's new analytics platform, written in Python and C++.
- The system involves complex mathematical algorithms, large non-tabular datasets, parallel and distributed processing, Python/C++ bindings and eventually cloud processing, offering an exciting and dynamic development environment to the keen coder!
- You will be a part of a team of software engineers and data scientists, helping to create an engaging work environment.
- Translate complex, mathematical algorithms into concise, performant, robust and maintainable code without losing sight of the overall health of the system.
- Determine root causes of complex software issues and develop practical and efficient solutions.
More about you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of industry programming experience in languages such as Python, C++ or similar
- You will be agile, have broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Along with proven ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
For more info on this amazing opportunity, contact:
Simone Adamski | |