Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world's leading brands - and our employees' careers - by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We're passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we're looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It's time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: The Taylor Healthcare Software Development team is looking for a Software Engineering Team Lead. Responsibilities include individual development assignments while leading a team of both full-time and contract engineers located in multiple US cities and offshore in the development of products for sale to the Healthcare industry. Candidates must be flexible and willing to work in an agile development process.
* Lead product architecture & design, ensuring business needs are met
* Become an expert in a highly configurable healthcare application, understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
* Perform code and design review sessions, especially with our offshore developers.
* Responsible for hiring, establishing objectives, reviewing, developing, retaining, motivating, disciplining, and when necessary, firing associates.
* Lead a cross-functional scrum team responsible for all aspects of the SDLC managing development projects to deliver high quality products on-time, on-scope, and on-budget
* Lead agile meetings and ceremonies as required including, but not limited to daily scrums, product backlog grooming, sprint planning, design reviews, and retrospectives
* Work with stakeholders across the company in the planning of new development projects and roadmap; assisting with the clarification of requirements, development estimation, and other related activities; ensuring requirements are actionable by release, software, and QA engineers and representing the technical aspects and challenges of a project to leadership
* Interact with customers providing product expertise and clarifying requirements
* Act as an escalation point for Product Management, Sales and Client Services for architectural and technical questions
* Stay current with software and healthcare industry trends
* Interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and customers
* Flexibility is expected, responsibilities will shift as business needs change
You Must Have:
* Troubleshooting skills, isolating problems and communicating problems
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams for software development projects in an agile environment
* Ability to independently prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
* Effective and professional oral and written communication skills, interfacing with internal peers, upper management, and customers in technical and non-technical communications
* Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment with a bias toward action
* Healthcare or Healthcare Information Technology Standards Experience
* Ability to operate effectively under conditions of ambiguity
* Requires Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager for a software product
* 5+ years experience as technical lead developer of .NET web applications
* Desired experience managing people
We Would Also Prefer:
* Developing enterprise products for an external customer
* Developing automated unit tests using NUNIT
* Experience with Microsoft Networking and Security, Microsoft IIS Applications, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Microsoft Operating Systems
* Experience with C++ and VB a plus
* Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, VirtualBox, & HyperV)
* Experience with Typescript.
* Experience with Dojo and Wijmo
* Knowledge of the use of TFS Work Item ticketing system, or other comparable system
* Familiarity with the Git source control system
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor's family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world's more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees' potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Taylor Healthcare Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.