When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you'll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific's mission is to help make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. This position offers a unique opportunity to help our mission by leading and executing on next generation architecture and platform.
How will you make an impact?
The Software Test Engineer will be an integral part of our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) Software R&D team based out of our Bratislava office. This person will work in a scrum team focusing on feature development and sustaining engineering for our enterprise chromatography data system software Chromeleon.
What will you do:
- Working in compliance with legislation and Quality Management System
- Ensuring the reliability and compliance of Thermo Fisher Scientific products before their release to customers through validation and testing in accordance with the standards defined in the company's QMS (Quality Management System)
- Analyzing and developing test material and documentation (test plans, test scripts, test reports) for chromatography data systems (CDS) products and other Thermo Fisher Scientific products
- Working closely within global scrum teams (Germany, UK, US) to develop testing material to ensure software products are compliant with the specifications
- Enhancing and maintain test automation using different testing tools
- Designing and realizing concepts/frameworks for automated tests
- Follow different test procedures (test realisation, reporting of issues, re-testing) in accordance with the company's new product development and introduction process
- Configuring and testing the software functionality for different chromatography instruments
- Participate in product design refinement review process to understand the specifications and recommend improvements
Who do we look for:
- BS degree in software engineering/ IT or related field
- 5+ year in Software Test Engineering role
- Problem solving nature
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies
- Proven knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs
- Experience with unit testing and (preferably) automation testing
We will be excited if you also have:
- Affinity with DevOps
- Experience with AWS, integrating distributing computing environments with the Cloud
- Understanding of Scrum methodology
How do we motivate you?
- Opportunity to join Thermo Fisher Scientific - world leader in serving science, the innovative company that creates a lot of opportunities to grow and develop your career
- Using the latest tools and technologies, working on the challenges of the future
- Gross monthly salary from 2500 Eur/month
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working schedule and 3 sick days per year
- Company stocks program
- Multisport card
- Life/accident insurance
- Attractive pension plan
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90.000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.