Supply Chain Specialist II
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS Summary:
- Performs intermediate level activities involved in the scheduling, planning, movement, and repair of materials. Included among those activities are service parts planning, service parts purchasing, distribution and warehousing, reverse logistics, repair and recovery operations, follow up activities and entry level workflow preparation. Works independently, using independent judgment the majority of the time.
- Oversees the integrity of inventory and restocking of items in inventory. Manages onsite inventory, which may include spare parts.
- Processes repairs for stock; puts away stock; timestamps repair parts; pulls parts; delivers component parts to technicians for repairs.
- Controls inventory and material from vendors keeping within established department budget; proposes changes to stock levels and reorder levels for effective inventory management; analyzes inventory records.
- Processes requisitions; monitors stock levels and parts; enters order and stocking data in tracking program; receives purchase orders and stocks items; checks on status of orders expedites late material orders.
- Maintains cross-reference system for optimal usage; tracks and updates nonconforming parts.
- Works closely with department managers/supervisors to assure areas stay within budget.
- Assist with inventory problem resolution; oversees the integrity of inventory and resolves discrepancies; participates in semi-annual physical inventory; works with Accounting and auditors to assure accuracy. Controls inventory and material from vendors keeping within established department budget.
- Participates in available training devoted to purchasing professionalism and to acquire supervisory and management skills.
- Sources and evaluates vendors who can supply plant level services
- May spend extensive time supporting purchasing team in researching difficult to find and expensive parts or materials.
- Recommends the reduction and/or transfer of slow-moving and obsolete inventory.
- Oversees the follow-up of past due orders and performs activities to reduce POE and invoice grief.
- Establishes and maintains an aggressive cost reduction program, reporting results to department management.
- Assists Customer Service agents and Operations personnel with system parts transactions.
- Places claim with OEM's to replace defective parts under warranty.
- Confers with department managers and/or supervisors to determine status of scheduled tasks.
- Prepares performance data in 4up charting.
- Ensures ISO conformance.
- May, under supervision and training, create and administer a sequential work schedule via a computerized scheduling system including: drawing up a master schedule, plan and schedule workflow, plan sequence of operations, expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Participates in Service/Quality Initiative; continually improves processes; quantitatively monitors processes. Completes required quality core classes and uses skills and techniques presented. Uses the Core Values in work environment. Adheres to company/customer safety procedures.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three years of related experience and/or training; or five years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize.
- Must have outstanding people and communication skills to interact with other team members, customers, and management.
- Personal Discipline
- Customer Focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Medical/dental plans
- Prescription drug program
- Vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You'll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.