About the Role
The future of security is coming, are you ready to be a part of it? With an unmatched combination of tech-led innovation and expertise, we're poised to redefine the industry and help make the world a safer place. At Securitas we are united by our purpose of helping make your world a safer place, we're passionate about protecting businesses and communities around the world with the latest in cutting-edge security technology.
We are searching for a Technical Auditor with expertise in Fire & Security to cover the North of the UK. As Technical Auditor you will undertaking the auditing of our Engineering Functions and will be responsible for ensuring that all Engineering works are carried out to the requirements of the relevant British Standards, ensuring at all times compliance to the requirements of the NSI and BAFE regulations.
This is a remote position, but will involve travelling across the north of the UK, covering sites based from Birmingham up to Scotland.
What you will be doing
- Compliance and adherence to the companies Quality Manual.
- Carrying out NSI & BAFE Annual/Technical/Product audits.
- Auditing of engineering staff.
- Auditing of approved Subcontractors.
- Compiling data on trends and deficiencies in compliance, and presenting the details to the Senior Technical Auditor at monthly meetings.
- To carry out audits on installed systems within a customer's premises
- To complete a full annual auditing schedule for all Engineering Staff and approved Subcontractors as required by the standards and accreditation bodies, in conjunction with the Compliance Manager.
- Ensuring that all audits are completed on the correct documentation specific to the system installed and the accreditation body requirements and that the completed documents are correctly stored in the relevant electronic depository.
- To highlight to the Senior Technical Auditor/Engineering Managers any deficiencies in both compliance and workmanship that has been identified during the audits.
- Identifying engineering trends and providing the Senior Technical Auditor/Engineering Managers with the information that is required to increase the Engineers skills in line with the company's expectations.
- Make recommendations for improvement of product and engineering performance to the Senior Technical Auditor/Engineering Managers.
- Identify training needs of engineers.
What you need to have
- Extensive working experience involving the Installation & Maintenance of Intruder/CCTV/Access Control, Entry Phone & Fire Alarm Systems.
- High levels of technical knowledge of Intruder alarms, Access control systems, CCTV systems, Entry phone, Fire Alarm systems and signalling systems and types.
- Good working knowledge of all high-end CCTV systems to include, CCTV cameras, Matrix equipment and PC/IP based digital recording systems.
- High levels of knowledge of the British Standards, NSI Regulations and BAFE Regulations that are specific to Intruder alarms, Access control systems, CCTV systems, Fire Alarm systems and signalling systems.
- Thorough and concise report-writing experience.
- Able to work on your own initiative with autonomy
- Confident communicator both verbally and written and have positive influencing skills.
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships across a wide group of people, with varying positions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage your own workload
- Time management skills.
- Strong and demonstrable skills in the Microsoft packages.
- Full clean driving licence