HSB Technical, working on behalf of a well established international Tug / Towage business to source a Technical Superintendent for their Liverpool operations.
The Technical Superintendent is a key position, and responsible for the safe, efficient and timely management of the company's owned and operated vessels.
Roles and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Marine / Technical Engineering management of specialised work boats
- Hands on involvement and supporting technical team with dry dockings
- Oversee all maintenance, repairs, overhauls and re-fits where necessary
- Liaise with, and build positive working relationships with appropriate regulatory bodies (Class /flag), port authorities, unions, and suppliers
- Full budgetary responsibility for vessels under management, and produce accurate vessel performance summary / technical reports
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in a similar position ashore will be very advantageous
- Seagoing background in rank to either 2nd or Chief Engineer
- Must hold a Chief Engineer Unlimited COC
- Experience with dry dockings
- A confident, and personable professional - with the ability to deal with any situations that arise
- Full UK drivers license
You will be well supported within the corporate structure, and comes with an attractive rewards & Benefits scheme - including: car allowance, pension, healthcare, and annual bonus.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to apply as no sponsorship is available.
HSB Technical are a specialist Shipbuilding, Power and Propulsion, Maritime and Shipping recruiter on the south coast.
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this post