Job Title: Trainee Rigger Mechanic/Technician
Salary: Competitive - O/T 1.5 base rate - All Expenses covered
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: 47785
An exciting opportunity has arisen for multiple Trainee Rigger Mechanics/Technicians to join us in our Communication Systems and Critical Assets business area within Mission Systems.
Mission Systems is a business unit within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. Working on a range of exciting projects, Mission Systems works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. We're based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas.
The difference our new Trainee Rigger Mechanics/Technicians will make
You will develop new and diverse skills in our vital key areas of maintaining, constructing and inspecting antenna and feeder systems, support structures and related rigging equipment to a standard that does not impair the service and is cost effective.
Your duties will include:
- Statutory condition inspections of mast's towers and associated infrastructure
- Operation of industrial winches and other site plant
- Compound ground maintenance
- Applying safety practises correctly and maintain safety equipment to agreed standards
- To maintain technical and administrative records and provide information as required
- Fabricating and assembly components and structures from patterns and drawings to a high standard
- Be prepared to undertake work away from base, in the UK & Overseas sometimes at short notice and for long periods
- Be prepared to attend work at short notice out of normal working time
- Demonstrating flexibility by multi-skilling in other departments when necessary
- Having the ability to undertake tasks that maybe new and complicated
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Health & Safety policy and regulations consistent with their responsibilities
- Ensuring the Health & Safety of self and others who may be affected by work activities
Who we're looking for
You will be working in a small but highly effective team where the highest of standards will be expected from both a technical and behavioural perspective. You will need to collaborate with Customers, Service Users and Babcock staff to achieve results.
As a trainee post all training will be provided over a 3 year period to develop the key skills needed.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft windows (Word, Excel)
- Team player
- Mechanical or Electrical qualification - desirable
- Full UK driving licence
- You will need to obtain SC Clearance
- Mechanical NVQ Level 2 or equivalent - desriable
- Basic electrical or mechanical knowledge/interest
Skills & Attributes
- You'll be a self-motivated individual who wants to make an impact on a daily basis.
- Real time decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel within UK & Overseas sometimes at short notice.
- A good level of computer literacy with proficiency in MS Products.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures.
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.