We are currently looking to recruit a Transport Coordinator for a family-owned growing client on the outskirts of Derbyshire who offer a committed and supportive workspace.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the operation of the transport function and liaising with drivers to ensure
drivers hours, start and end shift briefs are completed and relevant actions are taken.
To be considered for the Transport Shift Controller, you ll require the following essentials:
- Be compliant with strong attention to detail and be keen to develop within the operation of transport
- Competent with the use of Microsoft and Excel Applications
- Be familiar with GTS/ ESP
Reporting to the Transport Shift Manager, you ll also be:
- Daily DVIR checks and any issues are raised and actioned
- Ensuring that all work carried out on vehicles is to a high standard and adheres to the companies expectancies.
- Liaise with the compliance team and ensure that relevant documentation is in place and in line with schedules
- Have the ability to demonstrate strong budgeting, tracking, and expense skills
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking collections and deliveries. Customer, Driver & other depot communications
- Manage driving resources, whilst monitoring driver behaviour and performance, dealing with or escalating any issues that arise.
- Keep track of absences and sickness
- Support the Transport Manager with interviews and ensuring correct Policies and Procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring that all jobs are resourced within a timely to manner and in line with customer requirements
Salary & Working Hours
- Salary is £27,500 per annum
- Full Time - 42.5 hours per week
- Monday - Friday rotating day shifts 6am 2pm, 10am - 6pm and 2pm 10pm
Talk Staff Recruitment is an established division of Talk Staff Group and works with companies throughout the East Midlands and UK with roles including many areas such as: Accountancy & Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Contact Centre and Office Support.
Talk Staff Recruitment act as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
See our website for more details and jobs available - (url removed)
(phone number removed)