JazzHR is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Vice President of Engineering to lead our
engineering team and play a crucial role in continuing JazzHRs rapid growth. This role is a key
member of JazzHRs executive leadership team. Reporting to the President, the successful
candidate will care deeply about our customers, have top-notch engineering leadership and
teambuilding skills, a hands-on roll up your sleeves and get it done results-oriented mindset and first-hand experience with SaaS and B2B revenue models.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in the fast-paced environment of a high-growth
What you'll be doing:
- Execute JazzHRs growth strategy through the development of innovative customer solutions, features, and functionality
- Ensure JazzHRs architecture and platform will support high volume scaled performance
- Serve as an active and vocal member of JazzHRs Executive Leadership Team
- Enable JazzHRs channel sales expansion initiative through deep integrations with
strategic business partners
- Blend strategic thinking, technical capability, and process orientation to deliver high
- Manage a cross-discipline technology team, including Software Engineering, Systems
and Infrastructure, and Technology Operations
- Oversee an agile development process, ensuring sustainable and predictable development
practices and timely delivery of projects
- Define objectives and key results for team leads and contributors
- Ensure close collaboration Product & Marketing teams and other key stakeholders to
align and focus attainment of business objectives
What you'll bring:
- Unabashed passion for delighting customers by exceeding their expectations with every interaction
- 10+ years of software development and leadership experience
- BS in Computer Science or other related field
- Outstanding people-management skills, including strengths in identifying and coaching top talent
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams
- A keen ability to analyze metrics, make strategic recommendations and derive action plans that boost results
- Outstanding communication skills
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies
- Ability to manage the design and development of products in a manner that will scale with high-velocity adoption rates
- Ability to accel in a fast-moving, fluid, high growth environment
- Experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) organizations (preferred)
- A sense of humor - have fun while you work. Dont take yourself too seriously, but take
our opportunity and your role extremely seriously
If it sounds like weve just described your passion, skills, and experience, we want to hear from
you! This position is based in Pittsburgh, PA, and is not eligible for relocation or sponsorship
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. Were the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries.
Were called JazzHR because we feel its a powerful metaphor for the way our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesnt fit into a box. Jazz fans dont fit in a box. Our company certainly doesnt fit in a box, either! We're in constant pursuit of improvement. We're always developing new tools, features, and integrations to help over 7,000 businesses that trust us to help them recruit and grow their businesses.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Most recently, our team was named "Company of the Year" by the Golden Bridge Awards, a Leader in G2's Fall 2019 Reports and part of the Pittsburgh Business Times' 2019 "Fast 50" List. JazzHR was also included on the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the third year, chosen for TrustRadius's 2019 Top Rated Award and named a 2019 "Rising Star" by the ADP Marketplace. We're proud of our accomplishments - to see more!
Our team is at the center of everything we do. If you want to contribute to a growing organization, be challenged, and see the results of your efforts, apply to one of our open positions today!
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.