Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer's doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that's right for you!
Macy's Fulfillment colleagues perform all functions related to processing on-line orders for Macy's and Bloomingdales customers! You will work in a fast-paced environment ensuring all packages are delivered to our customers on time. ?
- Receive prep, putaway, pick, sort, pack and ship merchandise in a safe, productive and accurate manner.
- Cross train in multiple areas of the facility.
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC's, hand-held electronics and/or other devices.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and other equipment as needed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures along with safety/security guidelines. Ability to operate in a safe, accurate, and productive manner.
- Ability to assist in a variety of different tasks and perform special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- No experience required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.