Pro Staff is currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Associate to work at a client in the midtown Kansas City area. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:15am-4:30pm with a pay rate of $13.70. This is a long-term contract position that is expected to last until October, however that can change Resume is required for consideration!
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile, pack and prepare merchandise for shipment.
- Verify order, determine appropriate packing container, fillers and protective padding.
- Examine to ensure shipment meets specifications for safe shipping, seal and tape boxes.
- Scans packing list into shipping software to determine best method for of shipping merchandise to customer.
- Verifies the address is valid and can be shipped by the chosen method. Confirms shipment and prints labels.
- Receive inventoried merchandise on loading dock from freight carriers. Unpack and examine shipments, count and verify that correct merchandise and quantity are received, with no damages.
- Must be able to operate electric and manual pallet jacks, or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store merchandise.
- Position requires basic general education level and understanding of warehouse environment and equipment, or experience in related field.
- Strong math skills to count merchandise and process monetary transactions accurately.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced warehouse environment, packing and shipping, moving merchandise, lifting up to 100 pounds and operating equipment.
If you meet these requirements, please apply at www.prostaff.com with your resume then contact our Kansas City Pro Staff office at 816-531-9550.
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.