Warehouse Stores Controller - Doncaster
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a store controller at our Progress Rail depot in Doncaster Roberts Road. As a store controller, you will be instrumental in the smooth running of the storage / inventory department and will get involved into the full range of the department operations, including picking, packing, receiving, sorting, data inputting and auditing.
This would suit a candidate who enjoys a variety of tasks and the challenge of problem solving and operating on demanding schedules. Role will suit someone who is happy to work independently and is well practiced in managing their own time.
The role will include:
- Accurate and efficient picking, and processing of orders internally, ensuring stock levels are maintained in real time
- Processing core items, completing the system process and communicating with departments to complete returns
- Completing transfer orders
- Monitoring stock records and levels, including cycle counts and investigating missing stock
- Transport requests for the movement of stock including larger items, such as bogies
- Maintaining MRP system
- Timely completion of paperwork
- Timely resolution of errors and omissions, actioning problems initially as they arise, and understanding when to escalate to the relevant persons
What we would love you to bring to the role:
- Previous experience of warehouse operations
- A Forklift operator certification & Manual Handling Certificate or willing to achieve this
- A proactive and energetic approach with an appetite to resolve issues
- A strong commitment towards customer satisfaction & Health and safety
- A track record of operating to quality standards and within Standard Operating Procedures
- Be tactful when handling objections or obstacles to meeting objectives
- An ability to identify and implement cost saving initiatives, opportunities to improve efficiency as well as quality improvement.
- Good IT skills including spread sheets and MRP system
Hours of Work:
- 07:30 hours 18:30 hours with half an hour unpaid break.
- Shift Pattern: 4 days on followed by 4 days off
We can offer you
- Between £23,500 and £25,000 subject to experience plus Shift allowance 12.5%
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Enhanced pension contributions; life assurance
- Company sick pay & a Medical benefit salary sacrifice scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Retail discounts
- A supportive & friendly work environment
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 28 days. Thank you for your interest in the role.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles in: Depot Storesperson, Production, Stock Control, Materials Control, Supply Chain Coordinator, Depot, Packaging Coordinator, Stock Controller, Warehouse Operative, Manufacturing, Rail Industry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, Despatch, Logistics, Distribution