McGill Associates provides a full array of engineering, land planning, and consulting services to public and private clients in eastern Tennessee, North Carolina, and southeast Virginia. McGill supports a healthy work/life balance and offers a variety of schedules and workplace options including hybrid and compressed schedules. We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates for an Environmental Engineer role on our Water / Wastewater Team in Pinehurst, NC.
We recognize that compensation, benefits, and paid time off can help our employees maintain a healthy work/life balance. McGill is proud to offer flexible and hybrid schedules, competitive salary and bonuses, health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability and group term life insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) match. We also encourage our employee's professional development by paying for license renewals and professional fees or memberships, along with providing tuition assistance.
You will be designated as a Water / Wastewater Project Engineer and will prepare and review plans, technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates related to a variety of water/wastewater and linear projects. You will help develop the project scope and fee for services and assist the project team in communicating with the client and meeting contractual obligations to move a project forward. You will design and maintain ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with local, state, and federal officials, and other outside agencies. You may also supervise the work of technical support personnel assigned to the project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, and senior Project Engineers in developing and maintaining client relationships, project budgets and schedules, and assists in maintaining the technical and financial performance of the team's budgets.
- Attend client meetings, during and outside of regular office hours to develop and maintain client relationships. These meetings can include public meetings, workshops, or retreats.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design a project.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software (i.e. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) to prepare engineering and design drawings and documents. May provide direction to CAD Operators to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates and assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for projects within the team.
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- May be required to visit construction sites to monitor progress and other duties per the construction contract documents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and 2+ years of water/wastewater experience required.
- North Carolina PE license or the ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- AutoCAD - Civil 3D experience required.
- Proficiency in commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
McGill Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. We conduct pre-employment drug screens and background, credit, and motor vehicle checks in accordance with all federal and state statutes. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. All McGill Associates' facilities comply with the American with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing and/or speech impairments may contact McGill Associates by dialing 711 to access the State Relay Service for TTY/TDD. Candidates with limited English proficiency may discuss employment opportunities with the help of an interpreter by calling .
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the firm.